Little Prestfelde is for pupils in Pre-School to Year 2 aged 3 – 6 years.
Find out what a day in Little P is like from a child’s perspective….
Today, I am going into school at 8am as Mummy has to go to work . I enjoy the morning with the lovely activities and playing with my friends before school starts in the Little Prestfelde foyer.
At 8:20am Mrs Thelwell welcomes everyone into school and we all hang up our coats in the cloakroom. We have a lot of kit, so we make sure that we have our pegs labelled clearly to hang our clothes on.
The morning lessons begin. We learn together and play an active part in all of our new experiences.
Each morning we all take part in a Little Prestfelde chapel which is led by Mrs Orchard, Mrs Thelwell or our school Chaplain. We talk about the teachings of Jesus through the Bible and learn about how we can make the right choices through our values curriculum.
Our values, good behaviour and work are rewarded by the award of dragon tears. These are very special beads which we put into our coloured house bowls. When they are full, a team chooses an activity for all of Little Prestfelde.
Play time is very special. We have the best adventure playground in the world. First we put on our tracksuits to make sure that we take care of our uniform, then we go to the dining hall, where we have a healthy snack and a drink before we go outside. The adults help us in our play and teach us new games. We love to climb, swing and run, developing our strength and coordination which all helps to develop our writing.
The best time of the day is lunch time. This is when we have our very own nutritious hot cooked meal, made by our fantastic chef, Spiros.
On Wednesdays we go to go to Forest School which is on the other side of the grounds. We have designed and made dens, been on bug hunts and even have a forest fire where we roast marshmallows.
3:30pm comes around so quickly. We have been so busy and had so much fun, but now it is time for some of us to go home and share our wonderful day with our families, if we can remember all the things we have done!
Find out more about the curriculum in Little P
Testimonials from Online Learning:
- ‘Just to let you know we are having great start. We did a video for Flipgrid – A lovely way to keep in touch. She did phonics and the calendar and she also did some piano and now the afternoon is “choosing and outside time!” Be kind to yourself – you and Mrs O are doing an amazing job’
- ‘Thank you so much for the amazing work you’re doing with them; she is coming home every day so relaxed and happy and telling us all about the fun she’s had.
- ‘It means such a lot that she is with someone so nurturing and wonderful, who she totally loves, while I’m teaching online all day long. You are all doing. We hope you are well. Despite missing you all Miss A…..has thoroughly enjoyed your videos today. I have to say a huge thank you for the awesome effort you both have put in, fabulous lessons, engaging and energetic, A….has loved every minute an amazing job and I am so grateful. Please can you also pass on to Lauren and all the other staff working in LP that I think you’re all incredible and I am so grateful to you all.’
- ‘We are so impressed by the standard and quality of the lessons provided by Mrs Moore and Miss Warner. The quality of learning compared to friends primary schools shows how outstanding Prestfelde is- we are very grateful for the recorded lessons which we can take at our own pace- Above and beyond! Thank you so much.’
- ‘Thank you so much for the amazing fun and engaging videos. Its lovely to see friends on Zoom and we really appreciate the teachers hard work – and entertaining us!’
- KCDC dance – ‘We don’t have any photos etc, we were both far too busy dancing, but can I say a huge thank you to Katie. Your zoom dance session was brilliant, exhausting, but brilliant A…..absolutely loved it and I now realise just how stiff I am. Can’t wait for the next.’
- ‘The small group catch up today with games was perfect thank you and just what J…..needed. Thank you again you are both amazing x.’
- ‘Thankyou both for all your videos. My working from home day on a Thursday is becoming my favourite day of the week thanks to both of your efforts! We are both enjoying them in equal measure!’
- ‘I wanted to say a massive thank you to you and Miss Warner too. You are both doing an amazing job in such difficult circumstances. The standard of the videos and the contact you are keeping with all the children is fabulous.’
- ‘It makes us realise how pivotal the school environment and teachers are to the emotional health of our young people. Thank you.’
- ‘Thank you for all you are doing and amazing feedback you give on seesaw, he loves reading the comments and listening to the voice memos.’
- ‘I was super impressed with all the videos and work! Once his enthusiasm levels are back to normal I can see him working quite independently. I really liked seesaw too! love the way he can write directly on the sheets and you can upload photos, videos and voice messages so easily! thanks see you online tomorrow.’
- ‘Just to let you know he loves these voice comments, he always has a huge smile on his face when we listen to them.’